[concurrency-interest] How does one write concurrent / distributed pseudocode?

Millies, Sebastian Sebastian.Millies at softwareag.com
Wed Oct 7 17:28:26 EDT 2015

Hello,

I’m having to write a specification for some algorithm that is distributed over several machines, computing their tasks concurrently. I already been given some sort of pseudocode (reads a bit like Pascal) for the individual tasks (each running sequentially in its own process). Is there any “standard” for writing pseudocode for distributed computing? Or does everyone cook up their own thing? The requirements are really very vague, I’m sure I could come up with something that would fit, but I’d prefer following precedents.

What about the same thing for flow charts?

Sebastian

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Eric Duffaut, Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com