[concurrency-interest] j.u.c.Flow.Subscription.request clarification and javadoc typos

Pavel Rappo pavel.rappo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 05:14:22 EDT 2015

Thanks Victor. It indeed makes sense. Also, given the remark [1] ReactiveX gives
on Observable type:

    An Observable is the asynchronous/push “dual” to the
synchronous/pull Iterable

One could immediately see a parallel between 'request(n)' and a number of
calls to 'hasNext'. In this analogy, if 'n' were able to be of any units
other than number of items, it would mean an Iterator could have a

    public boolean hasNext(n);

Which would return 'true' if some number of consecutive 'next' invocations would
deliver 'n' units of something. Which is indeed odd. Instead, iterator is about
a number of iterations, not anything else.

-Pavel