[concurrency-interest] jdk9 VarHandle and Fence methods

thurstonn thurston at nomagicsoftware.com
Mon Sep 14 18:12:55 EDT 2015

The reason I asked is that in JK8, Unsafe#getAndSetObject isn't even declared
native (looking at Unsafe.java) - I assume that means it isn't even eligible
for intrinsics (I was surprised that it wasn't native).

I came across some code (akka?) that was using some workaround because
(according to a comment) Unsafe#getAndSetObject wasn't intrinsified;
obviously that wasn't referring to jdk 9