[concurrency-interest] 8145539: (coll) AbstractMap.keySet and .values should not be volatile

Volker.Borchert at atis-systems.com Volker.Borchert at atis-systems.com
Thu Apr 21 03:30:33 EDT 2016

> Sorry, I should have meant AbstractMap.keySet() and values(). Those were
> broken under non-volatile keySet/values fields.
>
> Others were merely a style/readability rewrites to match the suggested
> use: avoiding inline assignments makes reasoning about load/stores
> easier. We are quite probably missing those style tuneups in other
> places, but this does not affect correctness.

(browse 1.8.0_77 source)

I see. Thank you.

	vb

ATIS systems GmbH
Sitz: Bad Homburg
Registergericht: Bad Homburg HRB 1514
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Stefan Diepolder, Daniel Sieh

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received this message by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. All messages sent to and from ATIS systems GmbH may be monitored to ensure compliance with internal policies and to protect our business. E-Mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept these risks.