[concurrency-interest] Suspecting a problem in recent jdk-9 builds

Antoine Tissier ati at activeviam.com
Fri Dec 30 12:03:50 EST 2016

Thank you for all your answers.

We tried to run jcstress and all the tests passed without any error.

Our application uses several TBs of RAM, so we need to use G1GC. The
problem still occurs when adding -XX:-UseBiasedLocking to the VM args. We
are going to try building the application with the commit corresponding to
the addition of the VarHandles and the one just before to see if we can
narrow the problem down to this change.

Note that we are a partner of Oracle and we are running our application on
the Oracle network, so it is accessible by the JVM engineers. Let us know
if you need to arrange access to the application.

Best,
Antoine