[concurrency-interest] Single-threaded ForkJoinPool

Jeff Hain jeffhain at rocketmail.com
Sat Feb 6 13:05:05 EST 2016

Hi

>Specifically, I need to be able to an application that uses Random and
>ForkJoinPool in a deterministic manner when debugging/profiling but run
>full-speed in normal execution mode. I have all the moving parts nailing
>down except for ForkJoinPool.

You could abstract away your usage of ForkJoinPool behind a little interface,
and use a simple sequential implementation for debugging/profiling
(that's what I always do - being able to abstract away all threading issues
is priceless ;).

AFAIK ForkJoinPool is more designed for people to implement threading libraries
on top of it, than to be used directly from the domain code that you want to
debug or profile.

-Jeff