[concurrency-interest] Reusing CompletableFuture

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Sun Jul 24 15:32:25 EDT 2016

Arguing for the other side ...

A completed future will never have a chain of dependent completions build
up because they will all be triggered, and if the future was already
completed any continuation will be executed immediately.

It may make sense to reuse CompletableFutures where the mutability has been
removed, e.g. by subclassing.
Are we safe if we override just obtrudeValue and obtrudeException on a
completed future?
Should j.u.c. provide such a thing?
Should j.u.c. provide separate classes for providers and consumers (read
only!) of the future value?