[concurrency-interest] What can an incorrectly synchronized read see?

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 06:55:20 EDT 2016

On 09/28/2016 12:47 PM, Bobrowski, Maciej wrote:
> Right, so the only invalid execution in any possible sequencing is
> the (1, 0) which was the main question of this post, correct?

Correct. I wanted to show how to apply spec to arrive to this result,
and you get the collateral results for free too :)

NB: Mental trap: believing that arriving to the same result as
specification validates the alternative reasoning. (It might, though,
but you have to show that alternative reasoning gives correct answers
for all other cases too and/or has the clear boundaries where it applies)

Thanks,
-Aleksey