[concurrency-interest] JDK 9 Flow and Reactive Streams Rules / TCK

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Tue Feb 28 19:59:12 EST 2017

On 02/27/2017 03:12 PM, Rossen Stoyanchev wrote:

> The Javadoc for Flow.java [1] and also the JEP-266 [2] mention that
> these interfaces correspond to the reactive-streams specification both
> linking to reactive-streams.org <http://reactive-streams.org> but there
> is no explicit mention of spec rules + TCK nor whether implementations
> of the Flow interfaces are required to conform.

I hope that you don't mean to imply that people should feel free
not to conform to or test their implementations of other j.u.c
interfaces :-)

Our javadocs cover the R-S specs, but are expressed in a typical
JDK interface-centric fashion. I'm not sure what more we can say
or do to make people click the reactive-streams.org links to find
out more about rationale and available tests.
Although we should consider your suggestion of adding the link in a
few more places just in case people missed them.

-Doug