[concurrency-interest] Deadlock with when no threads have the lock

Kirk Pepperdine kirk at kodewerk.com
Fri Jun 16 18:55:31 EDT 2017

Hi Ken,

If you have a lock with nothing holding on to it then either a VM thread has the lock. The most common culprit are GC threads. I’ve not taken a deep look at the code but you could set -XX:+PrintConcurrentLocks which would give you an idea if the problem is with the re-enterant lock. Not looked too deeply at the code but I don’t see anything obvious at the moment.

— Kirk