[concurrency-interest] Queue with interrupt

David Holmes davidcholmes at aapt.net.au
Wed May 17 02:31:46 EDT 2017

Hi Jochen,

How are you "waiting for tasks"? As you note a Queue has no notion of blocking on empty. Using a BlockingQueue you can either interrupt the worker thread or send a sentinel task that simply indicates "do the other processing now". Of course I can't tell you know whether the worker is waiting or working - you can't arbitrarily "interrupt" the execution of a task.

David