[concurrency-interest] Concurrency-interest Digest, Vol 148, Issue 16

Mike Duigou openjdk at duigou.org
Thu May 25 16:01:41 EDT 2017

> And so, Mike: Some existing code might rely on this, so the best we
> could so here is replace elided volatile-write with a fullFence,
> which would probably not be detectably faster.

Another one bites the dust. A disappointing and frustrating but familiar
conclusion--being blocked from reasonable beneficial improvements by the
specification making unnecessary promises or by what some weird program
that may or might expect. Having been there I am not envious of those
working the JDK libraries.

Mike