[concurrency-interest] Concurrency-interest Digest, Vol 148, Issue 16

Alex Otenko oleksandr.otenko at gmail.com
Thu May 25 17:24:33 EDT 2017

This is an absolutely necessary promise.

The programs that benefit from such promise can reduce contention by detecting contenders (failed CAS does not mean you have to hammer it until you get a successful CAS) and by facilitating cooperation (if you can distinguish a CAS in the past from the CAS in the future, you can stop contending for resources).

Alex