Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Fri May 26 12:43:41 EDT 2017

On 26/05/17 17:09, Gil Tene wrote:
> loads or stores that appear in program order before the store-release"
>
> So ***for ARMv8*** a store-release followed by a load-aquire (e.g. both the a thread local) will impose a StoreLoad order.
>
> [This is not a general property of store-release and load-aquire]

That's right.  By the way, the memory model for ARM has been rewritten,
and the engineer who wrote it promises me absolutely and truly that the
instructions are sequentially consistent, and were always intended to be.

https://developer.arm.com/docs/ddi0487/latest/arm-architecture-reference-manual-armv8-for-armv8-a-architecture-profile

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer