[concurrency-interest] A race in SubmissionPublisher?

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Tue Sep 26 07:51:36 EDT 2017

On 09/25/2017 09:21 AM, Pavel Rappo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using SubmissionPublisher in my own publisher implementation in order
> to reuse its complex state machine that serializes invocations to subscribers.
>
> While testing my implementation I ran into what I believe might be a race
> condition in SubmissionPublisher.

Thanks for finding a use case that at first doesn't even seem legal,
but I agree should work according to spec, and breaks assumptions
about produce-consumer relations that can cause a wakeup not to be
issued. I'll post a fix at the corresponding bug report:
after deciding which of a couple of ways to address.

-Doug