[concurrency-interest] ThreadLocal.getIfPresent()

David Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 14:18:30 EDT 2018

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 12:47 PM, David Lloyd <david.lloyd at redhat.com> wrote:
> I think that any answer to any of these questions is going to be
> unintuitive and/or annoying for _some_ use case or another.

You know what would be _really_ nice?  Real thread-local fields, via
e.g. ACC_THREAD, which are managed by the JVM.  I bet the JVM could
come up with an index strategy that's better than a hash table lookup,
especially for static thread-local fields.

Hey, if they did it for C, why not for Java :)

--
- DML