[concurrency-interest] Javadoc for ConcurrentSkipListMap.computeIfAbsent()

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Mon Feb 24 11:25:51 EST 2020

We tried to improve the docs for ConcurrentHashMap in
https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/35bac2745d04
ConcurrentSkipListMap has a different spec but could also benefit from
similar improvements.
The key idea is that the ConcurrentHashMap "locks" an entry while a
remapping function is called, but ConcurrentSkipListMap does not.
But that's still not very clear.  And we don't want to use any wording like
"entry is locked".