[jsr294-modularity-eg] 'requires local ...' must be constrained

Paul Benedict pbenedict at apache.org
Fri Feb 6 21:35:03 EST 2009

Bryan,

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Bryan Atsatt <bryan.atsatt at oracle.com> wrote:
> If we allow M1 to require M2 to be 'local' (same loader), then M1 can
> trivially access M2's package-private members:

I am trying to understand your perspective. If you take modules out of
the equation for a moment, everything appears normal. KeyAccessor gets
to access Key because they are both of the same package. In fact, this
example would seem to fall under the same complaint/issue if protected
access was involved.

Surprising to me is the notation that a package could be split between
modules. That doesn't sound right that different class loaders would
be involved. I thought splitting packages was something to be
discouraged (or prohibited)?

Paul