course syllabi, etc. ⇒
ISC 250 Programming Through Mobile App Development — Resources
• Watch this space.
• Assignment #2 due Tue, Sep 24
• NO CLASS Thursday, September 19
Use the extra time to clean up your web site
and finish Assignment 2 which is due Sep 24
• Tue Sep 10, continue work on Tasks 1A and 1B
• If done, move on to Task 2
• Tue Sep 3, do Tasks 1A and 1B
- ISC 250 Section 800
- Instructor: R. Odendahl
- Lectures: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:10-12:30, Marano CC 211
- Labs: much work will have to be done outside of class — you can not
complete the course material with just in-class work.
- CSA (Computer Science Association) Tutoring hours: in Shineman 425 — TBA
- Office hours,
in 431 Shineman Center:
Tue: 1-2; Wed: 2-3; Thur: 4-5
- Final exam scheduled for
- Readings & glossary
The methodologies we'll use for app construction
• Android (Java)
Note on grading: as [to be] discussed in class,
pay attention to the difference between
the outcome of a baseball game and
a routine on a balance beam.
Your resolutions of assignments must be posted to your
• Homeworks will usually be divided into several steps.
You must complete each step; you cannot combine two or more into one.
• Note that you should have an ISC 250 landing page
and a link to
your solution for every assignment.
Sample assignment post
Preparatory work for future Android assignments
Complete configuration of AS.
Check that AS works.
Especially check that hardware acceleration is working.
- Exam 1 (midterm) is scheduled for
- Exam 2 is scheduled for
- Exam 3 2 (final) is scheduled for
- suggested hardware
- Swift programming
- Intro videos