Aleksey Shipilev aleksey.shipilev at oracle.com
Fri Mar 20 05:37:50 EDT 2015

On 20.03.2015 11:54, Marko Topolnik wrote:
> In the new revision of JMM the above property will no longer hold: there
> will be actions which participate in synchronizes-with without occurring
> in the sync order (lazySet) and actions which occur in the sync order
> without participating in synchronizes-with (weakCompareAndSet).

Stop right there. There is no "new revision of JMM" that has this
property yet, and we don't really know what would it look like to absorb
lazySet into formal model. We don't even know if the existing formalisms
are modifiable to include lazySet into JMM, or we need something
completely new.

-Aleksey