[concurrency-interest] ReentrantLock bug?

Arcadiy Ivanov arcadiy at ivanov.biz
Fri Mar 20 11:50:25 EDT 2015

Generally speaking, an application should not attempt to survive an OOME
(except in rare cases of direct ByteBuffer allocation and other arguably
controlled OOMEs). I believe even a synchronized monitor can get in the
inconsistent state on OOME, if you're particularly unlucky that day.
It's sort of like ThreadDeath error situation - once you get it is very
hard to know if an application is in the consistent state.