Marko Topolnik marko at hazelcast.com
Wed Mar 25 03:07:05 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 4:01 AM, Alexander Terekhov <TEREKHOV at de.ibm.com>
wrote:

> T1: X = 1;
> T2: if (X) Y = 1;
> T3: A = Y; B = X;
>
> is about atomicity of absolutely independent write T1: X = 1; just like in
> IRIW.

IRIW requires all writes to be independent, not just one, and I have
provided a clear argument why that is important (testing for TSO of
independent writes). So I can't really make sense of your current argument.

BTW "write atomicity" just means that all the constituent bits are observed
to be written at once. Obviously, you don't have that meaning in mind, but
it is not crystal-clear what exactly you _do_ mean by it.

---
Marko